With one of the last good winter storms blowing through this week making some of the last fresh snow we’ll see in the Sierras for the season, it has been decided by myself and some others that one day this weekend (either Saturday March 6th or Sunday March 7th) would be a good time to head up into the mountains to play in it.
The weather report for Sunday calls for scattered snow flurries but nothing major.
$20 for a day of tubing (not just two hours as first thought) optional
Money for Carpool drivers if you intend to join carpools. To be negotiated with carpool drivers
general spending money for lunch or other purchases.
See event thread for details.
Times and locations:
- 11:00 am assemble at the Taylor & I-80 Park and Ride (next to Sunsplash) in Roseville.
- ?:?? possible lunch on the way.
- 1:30 pm (at latest) arrive at Soda Springs Resort
- 1:30 – 5 pm tubing and snow fun.
- 5:00 pm Depart Resort
- 7:00 pm arrive back in Sacramento area.
Some of us may be going to the Stars Every Sunday meet in Vacaville