FurBowl Timing Criticism

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

adjectivecat

FurBowl Timing Criticism

Unread post by adjectivecat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:27 pm

One of the biggest cultural events in the Sacramento region is the 2nd Saturday art walk. There is one in Midtown, Del Paso Heights, Fair Oaks, Davis, and Roseville. As an artist, this is when I get out and network with the community, sell my works, and show (I have a group show in Fair Oaks on the 8th).

At some point, the monthly bowling meet was moved to coincide with the second Saturday of each month, forcing local artists and those who follow and participate in the art community to choose between patronage of furry or of art. This is a very unfortunate decision, and I would like to encourage the next bowling meet to be on an alternate date to make space for both.

I understand Frolic happens on the first Saturday, but perhaps the next bowling meet could be moved to the third Saturday (after the sac pups mosh) or even a Sunday?

Pounce!
SacFur masCAT

Re: FurBowl Timing Criticism

Unread post by Pounce! » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:07 pm

Is not Fremont Furbowl 3rd Sat? Many attend that.

(Btw, pushing for Sept 3 labor wkend/Sacanime Sun as it was a large turnout)
Is it safe?...Doubtful.

Sparky
Queen of the Zulus

Unread post by Sparky » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:11 pm

I personally prefer Sundays but I understand that doesn't work for as many as Saturdays do. Otherwise I have no weekend preference as I don't do anything else on specific weekends. But that's just me.

Zoren
who?

Unread post by Zoren » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:48 pm

I agree, ultimately the 2nd saturday option is indeed limiting attendance for second saturday and other events.. unfortunately good alternative weekends are not as avalible these days due to other regional events.. so I'll have to look into what would work best for everyone.

Andromedahl

Unread post by Andromedahl » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:43 pm

Last edited by Andromedahl on Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

adjectivecat

Unread post by adjectivecat » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:20 am

I know the local petplay mosh is also on the 3rd Sat., but it's at an earlier time.

Perhaps an additional option might be to rotate days of the week every other month?