Thoughts on Dec and Jan FurBowl Dates

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

Pounce!
SacFur masCAT

Thoughts on Dec and Jan FurBowl Dates

Unread post by Pounce! » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:52 am

Sat Dec 3 does not seem to be a good day as it is the 1st return of Frolic that interests a few. Also I believe other events may cut short attendance.
Sun Dec 4 is possible yet it can be a hit or miss on peoples availability.
Would a 2nd Weekend be good?

Sat Jan 7 conflicts with SacAnime (a buttload showed up to the con, and with it being winter, expect more)
Sun Jan 8 seems doable as it will be after SacAnime concludes and draw hopefully a cosplay/fursuit cross-over like last time (less a holiday), but for those that can't FurCon, it would serve a good furry gathering substitute

Frolic will likely be at FC Sat Jan 14.

So what does everyone think we should do about these 2 months?
Is it safe?...Doubtful.

Zoren
who?

Re: Thoughts on Dec and Jan FurBowl Dates

Unread post by Zoren » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:24 pm

yeah good logic. I'll confirm the community room at fireside for Friday December 10th and January 8th

BZgamer1147

Unread post by BZgamer1147 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:02 am

I think it would be better to move the Furbowl to the 2nd weekend of every month, rather than just moving it to the 1st Sunday of the month. In my little time in SacFurs I've been to Furbowls both on Saturdays and Sundays and without a doubt I would say going to Fireside on Saturdays are just way more fun than on Sundays. Plus if it's on a Sunday night, chances are less people will show up because most people either has work or school in the morning. Maybe not everyone, but I have noticed a lot less furs show up on Sundays, and I would assume that's a big reason why. It is for me.

So I think it would be better to have the Fireside Furbowl meets on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Maybe even the 3rd. I don't know, but moving to a Sunday I feel just wouldn't be the best idea.

Pulsifer

Unread post by Pulsifer » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:18 am

I agree with BZ above me. I think moving the furbowl to a different saturday than 1st Saturday would be a good way to ensure there aren't long running conflicts with Frolic, and that we're not always running on Sundays, which I agree more people show up on Saturdays, and for me personally I get to stay longer on Saturdays since I don't have to get up early the next day. :P

2nd Saturday is an event downtown that a couple members go to, but not many it seems. So it's something to consider if we move weekends. 3rd Saturday could also work, as I don't think there are any regularly scheduled events that weekend in the area, except maybe the odd convention, which we've dealt with before.

That being said the dates listed above work fine for me, and I should most likely be there and both Dec. and Jan. furbowl!

Zoren
who?

Unread post by Zoren » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:14 pm

well those following on facebook have seen I completely failed to get the community room on the 10th.. so don't know what to do about that since all the other options are cruddy..

the 8th of January is confirmed though.
Pulsifer wrote: 3rd Saturday could also work, as I don't think there are any regularly scheduled events that weekend in the area, except maybe the odd convention, which we've dealt with before.
Yeah but you're forgetting third saturday is the same as the Fremont furbowl.. could schedule at the same time.. but second saturday is indeed looking like the better option.

Pulsifer

Unread post by Pulsifer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:49 am

Zoren wrote: Yeah but you're forgetting third saturday is the same as the Fremont furbowl.. could schedule at the same time.. but second saturday is indeed looking like the better option.
Ah! Right, for some reason I was thinking it was the 4th saturday. Yeah, Second Saturday is the better option. But, it's a bummer we weren't able to secure the room at Fireside for this month, are there any other weekend days available this month?